Sunday, April 22, 2012

Running

Lately I've been spending a lot of time with my track team. We took second place at our last track meet, and did pretty well if you ask me, but personally I didn't do so great. I ran the mile in six minutes and thirty three seconds, and I ran the eight hundred in two minute and fifty seven seconds. Those are all right times, I guess, but I've done a lot better in my life, and I want to get two minutes and thirty seconds next time for the eight hundred, and six minutes for the mile. I know those aren't the best times ever, but I'm not very good at running either. I'm not very fast, and I can't sprint very fast, but I have endurance. I can run four miles without any problems, and I wouldn't say that when I run those miles I run them super slow like walking pace either, but I'd say that I run probably about as well as most people can run it. Running is my favorite thing to do. I love running distance, and next year I really want to be on Davis High's Cross Country team, so I can run a lot. I heard that Davis High's Cross Country team runs a mile for their warm up jog. The longest race that there is at a track meet is a mile. Our conditioning runs are about three and a half to four miles, and I love the conditioning runs. Distance is a lot better than sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment