Thursday, September 15, 2011

University of Utah/ BYU football game!

Today one of the school counselors came into my 5th period class today to talk about our futures, which got me thinking about college. I listened to her talk about the A.C.T. test and about college options when suddenly I thought of the U of U/ BYU football game. I was thinking about who I thought was going to win (when I really should have been listening to the counselor) and who I was going to cheer for.

When I was in Elementary School, I cheered for the University of Utah. 7th grade I cheered for BYU and 8th grade I cheered for U of U. During 5th period I decided that I was going to choose once and for all what team I was going to cheer for. I thought through this long and hard going over everything that I could think of and why BYU would be better or why U of U would be better.

First I thought of reasons why I would want to cheer for BYU. It took me a while to come up with all of them. These are the things I came up with:
  • They have the same values as me
  • They are a really good football team
  • And my family cheers for BYU.
I wasn't done though, I still had to think of characteristics to cheer for U of U.

The first things that I thought of about the U of U was:
  • My best friends are "U" fans
  • I have enjoyed cheering for them in past years.
  • Lot's of my friends are season ticket holders too, so I could probably go with them to a game some time.
  • It wouldn't be right if I went to a "U" game with my friend(s) when deep down I was BYU fan.

Well, I thought about both of these options when I found my answer. I still like BYU and U of U, but I decided that I liked cheering for Utah State Aggies. The Aggies are amazing in every way. They have one of the most wild fan groups in America and my family likes them too. Both of my parents graduated from Utah State University.  We already have an Aggie banner and we have the Aggie license plates on our cars.  Also they have some really good ice cream too.

Utah State, Hey!
Aggies all the way!
Go Aggies! Go Aggies!
Hey! Hey! Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment